Monday 6 October 2014

Step 2: actual baby clothing


Then I started to sew actual clothes for her. But without taking classes or workshops, it wasn't very easy to get into it. I still managed to produce a couple of nice things though. Have a look and tell me what you think.



I abdolutrly love this dress. Unfortunately she's only worn it once because it took me so long to sew it, that she'd almost grown out of it by the time it was ready.

Nice idea, but why didn't I use a pattern for this one...oh, right, cause I didn't know how to read patterns back then.

This actually used to be a skirt of mine.

Great idea, fabric with the pattern all drawn out, just cut & sew and it's a two-sided dress! I used this model with another fabric as well and it's an absolute winner. Can be worn as a dress, or as she grows as a tunic. The back is crossed but overlapping instead of buttoned, so it 'grows' with your baby girl.

Again, nice idea, but I forgot to put a zipper in and without realizing cotton doesn't stretch it's a real struggle to get a toddler in there.

One of my favorites, easy as can be, just a nice tricot, 3 layers of lace ribbon and a stretch border and finito! And it's oh so comfy for playing and at the same time fancy enough for a party girl :)

Winter skirt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.